Friday, April 6, 2012

Alexey Krasnovsky







I visited Alexey in Dun Laoghaire and am so sad about how bad things are for him. This country is in deep and deepening recession and nobody is buying art any more and I don't know how artists are surviving. On the plus side Alexey has many beautiful new paintings and I almost convinced him to arrange an open studio to try and raise some money for his move to the US where he has connections and grown up children. He is not completely convinced as the last time it didn't go well but spring is in the air and people are getting busy with home improvements and decoration again. C'est la vie.
and if anybody who reads this would like more information on Alexey / his work/ his open day  please leave a comment or email me.

1 comment:

OisinRoche said...

I am a local artist working i dun laoghaire and would lioke to help as much i can , his work is really wonderful, my website is www.oisinroche.com